How to Cope With The Loss of a Pet
Individuals may respond to pet loss differently, the level of grief may vary from one person to another. Some factors can affect how a person responds to the loss of their pet, such as age, personality, cause of death, and the age of the pet.
Usually, if the pet is more significant to you, the greater is the emotional pain that may be felt during the grieving process. The pain of losing a pet can be quite overwhelming and in this article, we will share with you ways on how to cope with losing a pet.
1. Plan a memorial – Most individuals find it comforting when they gather their family and friends to commemorate their pet that has passed. Some pet owners plan their pet’s memorial service or funeral to remember their pet and to cherish their memories spent together. Pet owners usually plan a simple and short ceremony before or during euthanasia or after the pet has passed. Having a ceremony can help a pet owner say goodbye to their pet and it can help to cope with the grief and loss of a pet’s passing.
2. Honor your pet – Pet owners can find a reliable company that creates high-quality pet memorials. Here at Rainbow Bridge Pet Memorial, we create and customize pet memorial stones using natural river stones to ensure its quality so you can honor your pet and keep it’s memory alive for years to come. You can check out our gallery for our standard and custom pet memorial stones.
3. Find a support group – For pet owners who are grieving and hurting because of their pet’s passing, they can find support and talk to people about their pets. You can check out message boards, pet loss support groups or pet loss hotlines that can listen to you so you can talk and remember all the memories you have shared with your pet while it was still alive. A person who has experienced the loss of their beloved pet may understand you better and they know what you are going through.
4. Deal with any feelings of guilt – Some pet owners struggle with the feelings of guilt especially when they have to decide for their beloved pet’s demise, especially when the pet is in the end stages of the dying process. You do not want your pet to feel a lot of pain and suffer through it. Some individuals may feel guilty because they do not have the financial stability to handle the expensive veterinary treatments that can prolong the pet’s life.
5. Grieving is a process – An individual’s experience with grief and loss from a pet’s passing may differ from others. You can take your time and go at your own pace. You do not have to rush to move on. You can speak with a veterinarian to understand your pet’s death and to discuss any doubts and questions that linger in your mind so you can move forward peacefully without any worries or doubts that may keep you wondering.
The grieving process which occurs after a loss of a pet is a natural, normal reaction. If you feel sad and broken it doesn’t mean you are weak, it just means you are mourning and grieving the loss of a beloved pet. Do not try to ignore your grief, deal with it normally, and if you can, you must express your grief so you can heal and move on.
Finding ways to cope with the loss of a pet is important, here at Rainbow Bridge Pet Memorial, we can help you create a high-quality pet memorial stone to celebrate your pet’s life and to relive the memories you have shared with them. You can check our design catalog here. You can also order pet memorial stone gift certificates here.
Are you looking for a company that offers pet memorial stones? Rainbow Bridge Pet Memorial is the perfect solution for you! We can create high-quality engraved pet memorial stones for your beloved pets that passed away.
We have been helping clients to commemorate the loss of their pet since 1996. We offer different types of memorial stones, you can choose a pet memorial, pet garden stones, grave markers, and personalized pet gifts so you can cherish and relive your memories with your pet while it was still alive.
We only use natural river stones so our pet memorial stones are different and stand out from the rest. Click here if you want to check out the available pet memorial sizes and prices. You can also customize your pet memorial stone orders, please check out this link. If you want to know more about our products, please contact us, call us at 208-253-4557 or send an email at [email protected].
You can also call our toll-free number which is 1-866-276-2548. You can also reach us through our PO Box address, P.O. Box T Council, Idaho 83612. Please let us know how we can help you with your pet memorial needs.